Reports to: Dental Director /Chief
The Dental Group of Lilac Family Dental & Flower City
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of
the Dental Director, the Dentist is responsible for administering, maintaining,
and expanding a program of primary (and in selected cases, secondary) care and
preventive dental care in a small group practice setting.
Supervision Exercised: Provides team leadership to
Dental Staff Position Responsibilities:
1. Performs quality clinical and radiographic evaluations to
diagnose and treat diseases of the oral cavity.
2. Promotes oral health by providing educational information
on all phases of preventive and restorative dentistry and oral hygiene.
3. Reviews and follows all dental office protocols,
policies, and procedures
4. Documents and follows treatment plans that include
appropriate preventive and restorative therapy.
5. Manage medical/dental history with a comprehensive
evaluation of the patient's general health.
6. Address all contra-indications pertaining to treatment
and identify patient's chief complaint or reason for visit.
7. Maintain the baseline radiographs and any other
radiographs necessary to diagnose and treatment education, racial, ethnic and
8. Ability to work effectively with managers, co-workers,
members of the public and professional groups.
9. Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, concisely
with others (internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing),
consistently demonstrate positive/proactive customer service attitude. Consistently
maintains ethical behaviors exemplary of quality public service and fair
standards, inclusively, among all employees and members of the public.
10. Ability to work as an effective team member; function
independently, exercise sound judgment and initiative; be flexible to shift
priorities; maintain confidentiality; establish and maintain effective
interpersonal work relationships, effectively assist providers; work toward
goals and objectives of draft priorities.
11. Ability to follow Dental Group practice guidelines –
including adhering to the Dental Group immunization policy and the Dental Group
Mission and Vision and Dental Group Corporate Compliance Policy.
12. Ability to receive constructive feedback including
evaluation of provider’s productivity and practice attributes.
13.. Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to
participation on clinical committees, providing education, Quality Review
and/or other activities.
1. Ability to perform each position responsibility
satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential duties of the position.
2. Ability to understand that safety is a condition of
employment. Unsafe acts or conditions will be reported to the supervisor or
3. Must be computer literate with ability to enter
information in the Dental Group EHS system and compile reports or data as requested.
4. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Education and/or Experience: · Graduation from an accredited
high school or equs licensed to practice as a dentist or DMD (a degree in
License and/or Certification
· Licensed to practice as a
Dentist in NYS
· Current CPR certification
· Valid Driver’s License
· Must be able to meet and
maintain current credentialing and privileging requirements.
1. Skill in providing excellent customer service and
support; organizing and prioritizing workload and meeting deadlines; and
excellent written and verbal communication.
2. Skill in administering, maintaining, and expanding a
program of primary (and in selected instances, secondary) care and preventive
dental care in a group dental practice setting.
3. Treatment should include but not be limited to the
following: elimination of pain, removal of carious lesions, restorative,
periodontics, endodontics, prosthodontics, and oral surgery.
4. Ability to interact effectively and professionally with
persons from diverse cultural, socioeconomic,
Special Requirements: ·
Must be willing to travel between Dental Group dental centers. Must be willing
to work day hours and weekends if necessary.
Appearance Standards: This position shall follow the
appearance standards as outlined in the Dental Group Personnel Appearance
While performing the duties of this position, the employee
is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The employee may
experience exposure to dust, pollens, pollutants, fumes, and communicable
diseases as related to the health care environment. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
The specific statements shown in each section of this Job
Description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical
elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. The
job’s responsibilities/tasks may be modified and/or expanded over time. Dental
Group will inform the employee when changes in the respective job description
I have read and
understand the duties / physical requirements indicated in this job description
and acknowledge that I am able to perform these duties with or without
reasonable accommodation. I understand that failure to adhere to these
responsibilities could be grounds for disciplinary action up to and including
termination of employment.