||Passamaquoddy Health Center
Health Center (PHC) is seeking a seasoned dental professional with management
experience and supervisory skills. The Dental Director is in charge of
oversight of clinical practices, oversees regulatory compliance, and safety and
standard of care.
The Dental Director supervises
the dental staff of PHC and represents the dental staff to the Health Center
Director. The Dental Director provides advice and counsel to the Health Center
Director and the rest of the PHC.
- Examines individuals requesting care, diagnoses their
dental/oral conditions, prescribes and carries out, or directs others in carrying
out, appropriate dental/oral treatment, or refers individuals for
specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved clinical
protocol and guidelines.
- Excellent Chairside manner;
- 5-8 years of hands-on dentistry experience; up to date
knowledge of regulations, methods, trends, and equipment;
- Educates individuals in the nature of oral health
conditions and in the general promotion of oral health related disease
- Established comfort working with diverse cultures,
backgrounds, lifestyles and experiences.
- Performs periodic evaluations on all Dental Department professional’s
providers as directed.
- Travels when necessary to fulfill the dental
departments needs and attends meetings as necessary to represent PHC.
- Serves on committees as assigned such as purchased and
referred care and Policy and Procedure committee.
- Participates in short and long term program planning
for the Dental Department and PHC, including development of goals and
- A team player with demonstration dedication to
excellence. Personal integrity manifested in a positive and credible image
- Excellent Communication Skills;
- understanding of a commitment to not-for-profit
- Detail oriented. Effective organizational skills. meets
timetables. Successful working in a fast paced situation and self-directed
with minimal supervision;
- desire to expand knowledge form both a clinical and
administrative perspective, including management and leadership skills;
- working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Dentrix.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Graduation from an accredited Dental School
- Completion of an accredited general practice residency
program is preferred
- Minimum of five years’ clinical experience preferred
- Knowledge of public health principles and practices is
- Administrative, management, supervisory skills
- Unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the State
- Current CPR(BLS) certification.
- Maine DPS and DEA registrations
||Clinic Director Dee Sabattus 796-2321 ext 12
||Apr 14th, 2021